Sunday, July 10, 2005

Happy July 4th

I know I am a little late wishing everyone a happy 4th better late then never right? I spent my 4th with Katsalidas in a guard tower for 8 hours watching a small firework show across the FOB. It really was a lonely feeling. I know there are people out there that take this holiday for granted. I think for most people it is about grilling out with friends and shooting off fireworks. I wonder how many people actually took the time to think about the soldiers past and present who have made the ultimate sacrifice to make sure we have our freedom. It is funny how in order to keep our freedom our soldiers have to give some up.

On that note I am still working on our game room. I would like to thank Kat's family for there donation. We have seven rooms hooked up to the network and the donation has allowed me to order some parts to fix two xbox's for the game room. To help out our cause I will be auctioning off the game "Full Spectrum Warrior" fox XBOX along with used patched from the 1ID, 3ID and I am trying to get a patch from our special forces team on the FOB. This will all be included in one auction. The game will be signed by some of our soldiers over here and the patches will be ones that we have worn by us. The auction will be up very soon so check back for the link. I will also be collecting and updating pictures on my other site within two days.

Keep up the support!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 4th! I am sorry that you couldnt be home with your family. Thank you for being a hero!

God Bless!
Emily B.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J - I think you might be surprised to know just how many people in our country DID remember what July 4th is about. Our entire family and close friends spent a moment of silence thinking about the MANY sacrifices of ALL military people during both of the firework displays we watched. We also had goosebumps while the VFW soldiers walked by during both parades. There were several members from both Iraq wars represented which in a strange sense made us feel a little closer to you.

We think about you daily! We are proud to know that you have willingly contributed to the efforts in Iraq as well as given up a lot to do so. That is why we have the best military in the world. Soldiers who repeatedly give up parts of their lives to make sure that the homeland remains safe. Thank you for doing your part.

Good to hear from you J!
Your big little sis!

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home