Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Hot in here

I am finally getting readjusted from R&R. Things are going well here at FOB Normandy. But it is HOT! When I got back we started our guard cycle which consists of a 8-9 guard shift wearing full gear. The average temperature that work was 114 degrees with several days reaching 117. Add about 20 more degrees to that when wearing your body armor and you become a walking sauna. I have moved to Headquarters Platoon where I am now the gunner for the XO's tank. I have also moved in a new room which I will be converting into a video game center for our soldiers. I have already started running wires to different locations to allow many of our soldiers to play head to head games against each other. I will be making a new website soon to try to get some xbox's and televisions donated for this cause. If anyone wants information on this project you can email me at jeremy.satterlee@gmail.com If anyone would like to donate you can do so by clicking the donate button. If you do donate please leave information on what you want your money to help purchase.

We did get internet access at our company so it will be easier to update this site and add pictures to my other site. I am sorry it has been so long since I have updated. I will do my best to update as quickly as possible. Thanks for all the prayers and thought you send us.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you! I know you get really busy. We were in Las Vegas las week and it was 112 the day we arrived but it was dry heat so I was in heaven. I spend most of my days being cold so the warm weather is inviting. However if I had to wear 20 additional pounds of clothing I wouldn't be feeling so good. Keep that Crystal Light in you! I am buying another box of them on Thursday to send to you. E-mail me if you need other specific items that I can pick up for you at Walmart (rinthea@iowatelecom.net)

Stay safe...

Your big little sis!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear son of your mother.....
I am glad you made it safely back to Iraq. Sorry I didn't get to see you during R&R but such is life. I do not envy you being in the hot weather wearing your full gear. I still remember my Army Reserve days when we had to wear our biochem gear and gas masks during a hot August weekend drill..I remember feeling as if the gas mask was going to melt into my skin.

I just finished 12 days of vacation. Just stayed at home and enjoyed watching DVDs, reading 5 books, practicing my flute, and watching Hailey part time. It was very difficult for me to return to work!

It is still a bit surreal knowing that you are half a world away. Take good care of yourself and be a good leader.

Enjoy each day of living not matter what happens.

Love you for being you

Mama Lydia

4:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there anybody out there? Pink Floyd I do believe:) Just doing my daily check of the blog with no news which means good news I suppose. Hope all is well.

Big Little Sis!

PS. J can you respond to e-mails or does the cat got your tounge?

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home