Thursday, March 03, 2005

I have been bringing my personal laptop to the MWR until a few days ago when THEY said personal computers are not allowed. So I will not be able to send pictures to anyone or send any attachments by mail. The computers are locked so you are only able to e-mail and surf the web. I am looking into getting my own internet dish so that I can start updating the site more and start posting the hundreds of pictures I have taken. I am hoping I will be able to purchase a dish without selling a kidney. If I can get the money and install internet I would make available for everyone in my company to use. One of the problems with the computers at MWR is that you cannot update software on the system. I use MSN Messenger to chat with my family but I cannot log on to most systems because the software is out of date. This is extremely frustrating.

We just finished a week of guarding the FOB. I had to work the 2100 to 0600 shift. While on guard I got to see EOD explode an IED. It is good thing no vehicle ran over it. The explosion was huge and I believe no one would have survived the explosion. Everyone on the FOB is safe and sound. No attacks or injuries. We have been lucky here and hopefully it will stay this way.

R&R starts at the end of this month so soldiers we be coming home for 15 days. I am not sure when I will be leaving but I will post the date as soon as I know it.

Keep praying for us and I will update soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy,
It sounds like you are doing a great job there. Keep up the good work. Sorry there are so many frustrations you have to deal with. Hang in there.

This will probably be your first birthday you will be spending without the family. Know that we are all there with you, thinking about you and awaiting the time when you can be back home. In the mean time HAPPY 32nd BIRTHDAY!!!

Anna is preparing for her trip to Brazil and has her first softball practice today for the league she plays in. Weather is sunny and warm, spring-like today.

Take care, love you, Becky

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jeremy,
I read your posts as I believe my step brother is in your company, his name is Johnson. It's interesting to hear what goes on over there. All of us are keeping you guys in our prayers!
Tami

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeremy,
I hope you got the e-mail I sent you over the weekend. After reading your post I'm not sure. I hope things get worked out so you can use the net like you want to.
We had beautiful weather on Sunday with highs in the 70's, but today is back to winter.
Maybe someone can clear up something for me, as I am a little confused, but what's new, HA! You mentioned R&R and coming home. Does that mean you can come back to the States, or what?
Love and prayers, Aunt P

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home