Saturday, January 22, 2005

In Kuwait

We made it to Kuwait yesterday around 11 in the morning. Received some briefings before we made a two hour journey thru the desert to where we will be staying for a few weeks. It is 1 in the morning here and raining. I have to wake up at 430 so I don't know if i will even sleep. I went to a bus driving class last night so I am able to drive our soldiers around. I will be driving thru the desert tomorrow to a rifle range. We are sleeping in a large tent that does not stop all the water from dripping on us. The chow hall is open four times a day. I ate there for breakfast and a midnight meal so far. We cannot get internet access from our laptops so we can wait in a long line to use computers they have hooked up. I should be able to make it to some phones soon. The flight was not too bad, they showed some movies on the trip that have not been released to DVD yet. Somehow they were already edited for language.
Please keep the comments coming. I love you Renee.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Number 1 son. Glad you made it ok and have been able to eat something. Sounds like the tent I and your mother slept in once when we went camping years ago at Lake of Three Fires in south west Iowa. It rained so hard that it was like there wasn't a tent over us....We moved to the car and made do...LOL I am impressed that you have been able to update the site already. I have been in Texas so this is the first time I have been able to check it. I will be flying home tomorrow from 78 degrees yesterday to very cold at home....Be safe and I love you very much. Talk to you I hope when I get home. Take care....DaD

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you so soon! Dad and I compete everyday to see who can post first:) He beat me today because I have been watching Hailey all day. Did make it to the gym. I am logging my miles while you are gone and am up to a whole 2.5 miles because I havn't been to the gym in 3 days because of the blizzard we have been freezing through. Renee you got me beat girl - you are going to have some serious miles in by the time he returns.

Keep posting J - We feel alive each time we see you have posted! Will you be able to have internet access once you get to Iraq? What is the one most amazing or wierd thing that you have seen since you arrived in Kuwait? How many people do you know from "home" that will be with you there? Did you take your scrapbook? K - Enough questions for you. Be safe.

Oh one more - Did you choose to be the bus driver or did you have to...Dad and I are trying to imagine you toting around in a big old bus:)

I love you J!!!! We think about you EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Rinthea

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home